Rutao Wang Professor
Address: Shandong University (Qian Fo Shan campus),
No. 17923, Jing Shi Road, Jinan, Shandong, P. R. China
2011.8-2014.12 Ph. D. in Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, China (Advisors: Prof. Xingbin Yan)
2008.9-2011.6 M. E. in Department of Materials Science and Technology, Lanzhou University of Technology, Lanzhou, China (Advisors: Prof. Long Kang and Prof. Lingbin Kong)
2004.9-2008.7 B. E. in Department of Materials Science and Technology, Shandong University of Science and Technology, Qingdao, China
Research Fellow (03/2015-02/2018): Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Advisors: Prof. Li Zhang)
Professor (2018.08-): School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong University
Qualifications and Research Area
Knowing the working principle of energy storage devices, such as supercapacitor, Li/Na-ion capacitor, Zn-battery, Li/Na-battery, Li-S battery，solid-state battery, and Li-O2 battery.
Designing and synthesis of carbon (porous carbon and graphene) and carbon related composites for supercapacitor and Li-ion battery application.
General knowledge related to the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials and 2D materials, such as transition metal oxides/hydroxides, metal nitrides, metal sulfides, and metal-organic frameworks (MOFs).
Developing expertise in the measurement and design the supercapacitor and Li-ion battery in various electrolytes such as aqueous, organic/ionic electrolytes, and solid-state electrolytes.
General knowledge related to the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials for application in hydrogen evolution reaction, oxygen evolution reaction, and oxygen reduction reaction.
Publications (Research ID: Q-8200-2016; ORCID: 0000-0001-5745-8758; h-index: 17)
1. S. J. Wang, R. T. Wang* (Co-Corresponding Author), Y. Bian, D. D. Jing, Y. B. Zhang, L. Zhang*, In-Situ Encapsulation of Pseudocapacitive Li2TiSiO5 Nanoparticles into Fibrous Carbon Framework for Ultrafast and Stable Lithium Storage, Nano Energy, 2018, DOI: 10.1016/j.nanoen.2018.10.052 . (IF: 13.120)
2. J. F. Sun, R. T. Wang* (Co-Corresponding Author), C. Z. Yuan*, MoS3 nanoparticles on reduced graphene oxide: For high-performance supercapacitor and batteries, Materials Today, 2018, 21, 193-194 (IF: 21.695)
3. R. T. Wang, S. Wang, D. Jin, Y. Zhang, X. Tao, L. Zhang*, Sodium Storage in Promising MoS2-Carbon Anode: Elucidating Structural and Interfacial Transition in Intercalation Process and Conversion Reactions, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 11165-11175. (IF: 7.233)
4. R. T. Wang, S. Wang, Y. Zhang, D. Jin, X. Tao, L. Zhang*, Graphene Coupled Ti3C2 MXenes-Derived TiO2 Mesostructure: Promising Sodium-ion Capacitor Anode with Fast Ion Storage and Long-Term Cycling, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018, 6, 1017-1027. (IF: 9.931)
5. Y. Bian, R. T. Wang, S. J. Wang, C. Y. Yao, W. Ren, C. Chen, L. Zhang, Metal–organic framework-based nanofiber filters for effective indoor air quality control. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018,6, 15807-15814. (IF: 9.931)
6. S. J. Wang, R. T. Wang, Y. Zhang, D. Jin, L. Zhang*, Scalable and sustainable synthesis of carbon microspheres via a purification-free strategy for sodium-ion capacitor. Journal of Power Sources, 2018, 379, 33-40. (IF: 6.945).
7. J. W. Lang, X. Zhang, B. Liu, R. T. Wang, J. T. Chen, X. B. Yan*, The roles of graphene in advanced Li-ion hybrid supercapacitors (invited review), Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2018, 27, 43-56. (IF: 2.594)
8. R. T. Wang, S. Wang, X. Peng, Y. Zhang, D. Jin, P. K. Chu, L. Zhang*, Elucidating the Intercalation Pseudocapacitance Mechanism of MoS2-Carbon Monolayer Interoverlapped Superstructure: Toward High-Performance Sodium-Ion-Based Hybrid Supercapacitor, ACS Applied materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9, 32745–32755 (IF: 8.097)
9. R. T. Wang, S. Wang, D. Jin, Y. Zhang, Y. Cai, J. Ma*, L. Zhang*, Engineering Layer Structure of MoS2-Graphene Composites with Robust and Fast Lithium Storage for High-Performance Li-ion Capacitors. Energy Storage Materials, 2017, 9, 195-205.
10. R. T. Wang, D. D. Jin, Y. Zhang, S. Wang, J. W. Lang, X. B. Yan*, L. Zhang*, Engineering the Metal Organic Framework Derived 3D Nanostructures for High Performance Hybrid Supercapacitor. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 292-302. (IF: 9.931)
11. R. T. Wang, P. Liu, J. W. Lang, L. Zhang*, X. B. Yan*, Coupling effect between ultra-small Mn3O4 nanoparticles and porous carbon microrods for hybrid supercapacitors, Energy Storage Materials, 2017, 6, 53–60.
12. S. J. Wang, R. T. Wang, Y. Zhang and L. Zhang*, Highly Porous Carbon with Large Electrochemical Ion Absorption Capability for High-Performance Supercapacitors and Ion Capacitors, Nanotechnology, 2017, 2017, 28, 445406. (IF: 3.404).
13. J. W. Lang, X. Zhang, R. T. Wang, X. B. Yan, Promotion Strategy of the Energy Density for Supercapacitors, Journal of Electrochemistry, 2017, DOI: 10.13208/j.electrochem.170348.
14. P. Zhang, R. T. Wang, M. He, J. W. Lang, S. Xu, X. B. Yan*, 3D Hierarchical Co/CoO-Graphene-Carbonized Melamine Foam as a Superior Cathode toward Long-Life Lithium Oxygen Batteries, Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, 26, 1354–1364. (IF: 13.325) (ESI-Highly cited papers)
15. P. Y. Wang, R. T. Wang (Co-First Author), J. W. Lang, X. Zhang, Z. K. Chen, X. B. Yan*, Porous niobium nitride as a capacitive anode material for advanced Li-ion hybrid capacitors with superior cycling stability, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4, 9760-9766. (IF:9.931)
16. L. J. Wu, J. W. Lang, R. T. Wang, R. S. Guo, X. B. Yan*, Electrospinning Synthesis of Mesoporous MnCoNiOx@Double-Carbon Nanofibers for Sodium Ion Battery Anode with Pseudocapacitive Behavior and Long Cycle Life, ACS Applied materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 34342-34352. (IF: 8.097)
17. Z. G. Geng*, H. Wang, R. T. Wang, P. Zhang, J. W. Lang, C. B. Wang, Facile synthesis of hierarchical porous carbon for supercapacitor with enhanced electrochemical performance, Materials Letter, 2016, 182, 1-5. (IF: 2.572)
18. R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang, Y. H. Liu, Z. Y. Lin, X. B. Yan*, Ultra-small, size-controlled Ni(OH)2 nanoparticles: elucidating the relationship between the particle size and their electrochemical performance for advanced energy storage devices, NPG Asia Materials, 2015, 7, e183. (IF: 7.208)
19. R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang, P. Zhang, Z. Y. Lin, X. B. Yan*, Fast and large lithium storage in 3D porous VN nanowires–graphene composite as a superior anode toward high-performance hybrid supercapacitors, Advanced Functional Materials, 2015, 25, 2270–2278. (IF: 13.325) (ESI-Highly cited papers, Hot paper in March and April 2015 by Willy)
20. Y. H. Liu, R. T. Wang (Co-First Author), X. B. Yan*, Synergistic effect between ultra-small nickel hydroxide nanoparticles and reduced graphene oxide sheets for the application in high-performance asymmetric supercapacitor. Scientific Reports, 2015, 5: 11095. (IF: 4.112)
21. Y. H. Liu, R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang, X.B. Yan*, Insight into the formation mechanism of graphene quantum dots and size effect on their electrochemical behaviors. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2015, 17, 14028-14035. (IF: 4.123)
22. X. Zhang, C. Peng, R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang*, High-performance supercapacitors based on novel carbons derived from Sterculia lychnophora, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 32159-32167. (IF: 3.108)
23. X. C Li*, J. J. Shen, W. Sun, X. D. Hong, R. T. Wang, X. H. Zhao, X. B. Yan, A super-high energy density asymmetric supercapacitor based on 3D core–shell structured NiCo-layered double hydroxide@carbon nanotube and activated polyaniline-derived carbon electrodes with commercial level mass loading, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2015, 3, 13244-13253. (IF:8.867) (Hot Paper in 2015 by JMCA)
24. Z. Y. Lin, X. B. Yan, J. W. Lang, R. T. Wang, L. B. Kong*, Adjusting electrode initial potential to obtain high-performance asymmetric supercapacitor based on porous vanadium pentoxide nanotubes and activated carbon nanorods. Journal of Power Sources, 2015, 279, 358-364. (IF: 6.395)
25. R. T. Wang, X. B. Yan*, J. W. Lang, Z. M. Zheng, P. Zhang, A hybrid supercapacitor based on flower-like Co(OH)2 and urchin-like VN electrode materials. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 12724-12732 (IF: 9.931) (feature as Back Cover) (ESI-Highly cited papers).
26. R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang, X. B. Yan*, Effect of surface area and heteroatom of porous carbon materials on electrochemical capacitance in aqueous and organic electrolytes. SCIENCE CHINA Chemistry, 2014, 57, 1570-1578. (IF: 4.132)
27. R. T. Wang, X. B. Yan*, Superior asymmetric supercapacitor based on Ni-Co oxide nanosheets and carbon nanorods. Scientific Reports, 2014, 4: 3712. (IF: 4.259)
28. S. X. Sun, J. W. Lang, R. T. Wang, L. B. Kong*, X. C. Li, X. B. Yan*, Identifying pseudocapacitance of Fe2O3 in ionic liquid and its application in asymmetric supercapacitors. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 14550-14556. (IF:9.931)
29. Z. M. Zheng, Y. L. Cheng, X. B. Yan*, R. T. Wang, P. Zhang, Enhanced electrochemical properties of graphene-wrapped ZnMn2O4 nanorods for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 149-154. (IF:9.931)
30. C. Peng, X. B. Yan*, R. T. Wang, J. W. Lang, Y. J. Ou, Q. J. Xue. Promising Activated Carbons Derived from Waste Tea-Leaves and Their Application in High Performance Supercapacitors Electrodes. Electrochimica Acta, 2013, 87, 401-408. (IF: 4.798) (ESI-Highly cited papers)
31. R. T. Wang, P. Y. Wang, X. B. Yan*, J. W. Lang, C. Peng, Q. J. Xue. Promising porous carbon derived from celtuce leaves with outstanding supercapacitance and CO2 capture performance. ACS Applied materials & Interfaces, 2012, 4, 5800-5806. (IF: 8.097)
32. R. T. Wang, L. B. Kong*, J. W. Lang, X. W. Wang, S. Q. Fan, Y. C. Luo, L. Kang, Mesoporous Co3O4 materials obtained from cobalt citrate-complex and their high capacitance behavior, Journal of Power Sources, 2012, 217, 358-363. (IF: 6.395)
33. J. W. Lang, X. B. Yan*, W. W. Liu, R. T. Wang, Q. J. Xue, Influence of nitric acid modification of ordered mesoporous carbon materials on their capacitive performances in different aqueous electrolytes, Journal of Power Sources, 2012, 204, 220-229. (IF: 6.395)
34. B. S. Shen, W. J. Feng*, J. W. Lang, R. T. Wang, Z. X. Tai, X. B. Yan, Nitric Acid Modification of Graphene Nanosheets Prepared by Arc- Discharge Method and Their Enhanced Electrochemical Properties, Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, 2012, 28, 1726-1732. (IF: 0.767)
35. L. Kang, R. T. Wang, L. B. Kong*, H. Li, J. Zhang, Y. C. Luo. Fabrication of Ni nanoparticles on ordered mesoporous carbon using an immersion-electrodeposition method, Materials Letters, 2010, 64, 2064-2067. (IF: 2.572)
1. Fabrication of flexible ternary electrodes for supercapacitor and their equipment, L. Zhang, S. Lu, R.T. Wang, Y.B. Zhang, S. J. Wang, Application No.: 201710137159.1 (China).
2. A simple method for synthesizing the nickel hydroxide nanodots. Xingbin Yan, Rutao Wang, Junwei Lang, Yonghuan Liu. Application No.: 201410450822X (China)
3. A method for porous activation carbon with high surface area from celtuce leaves. Xingbin Yan, Rutao Wang, Junwei Lang, Qunji Xue. Application No.: 201310415899 (China)
4. A method for porous activation carbon with high surface area from potato. Xingbin Yan, Cao Peng, Rutao Wang, Junwei Lang, Qunji Xue. Application No.: 201310416168.6 (China)
Reference Works for Scientific Journals
Energy & Environmental Science, Advanced Energy Materials, Chemical Communications, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Nanoscale, Scientific Reports, RSC Advances, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces